Instagram provides the perfect platform to showcase the social and environmental benefits provided by South Africa’s forestry-owned land. This includes the many conservation areas and recreational activities to be found within and around its plantations.
Forestry South Africa’s Instagram profile @forestry_explained has launched the #ForestryFriday photo competition to attract the thousands of foresters and forest users across the country. So whether it’s a work day snap, a beautiful shot of a tree, or a bit of recreational fun in our forests – please share it with us, and your followers!
Twelve monthly “mini-competitions” will be held. One monthly winner will receive a R250 Cape Union Mart voucher. Submissions can be made via Instagram every Friday of each month, with the winner being announced on the first Friday of the new month.
The process is simple:
- Follow @forestry_explained on Instagram
- On Friday, upload a forestry related photo tagging @forestry_explained and using the hashtag #ForestryFriday
- In the photo caption include:
- The location where the photo was taken
- Why you love South Africa’s commercial forests, or, what appealed to you about this photo
- Tag three friends who would also love to visit this place.
- Terms and conditions apply
“Forestry Explained has gained quite a following on Instagram, exposing us to fascinating things within forestry landscapes. Many of these illustrate some of the less obvious social and environmental benefits that the industry provides. By running this competition we hope to spread this message further, getting Instagram abuzz with the hashtag #ForestryFriday.” – Michael Peter, executive director of Forestry South Africa
For more information, contact: email@example.com