Forestry South Africa (FSA) is excited to announce the extension of our #ForestryFun promotion currently being hosted on our @forestry_explained Instagram profile. The #ForestryFun Instagram campaign will now run until the 31 October 2020 and is open to all those who use the forestry landscape for recreational activities.
The campaign has been designed to showcase the array of recreational offerings found within the patchwork forestry landscape, from mountain biking and trail running to bird watching, leisurely hikes and picnicking. Highlighting the many great recreational pursuits available for the whole family to enjoy.
The #ForestryFun Instagram campaign is the first stage in a larger initiative developed to promote forestry-based activities and attractions to the public, many of whom do not realise these opportunities exist. Ultimately, the aim is to position forestry as an amazing source of healthy outdoor fun, where families, friends and even strangers can get together to enjoy a shared recreational passion.
Do you: Hurtle through the forestry landscape on your bike? Explore South Africa’s plantations in search of species? Love to hike through the plantations and open spaces? Or simply love to spend time discovering everything forestry has to offer? We want to know what #ForestryFun looks like for you!
So next time you are on your bike, exploring the plantations, or picnicking amongst the trees, take a photo or video and then upload it to Instagram, to be in the running to win one of three R1 000 Cape Union Mart eVouchers. Feel free to submit some #ThrowbackFun shots too.
To stand a chance of winning, entrants are required to:
- Follow us on Instagram – @forestry_explained.
- Post a photograph or video of what #ForestryFun looks like to them. This could be mountain biking, hiking, dog walking, meditating, foraging, bird watching or simply enjoying the spectacular natural attractions found within the forestry landscape.
- Include in your post:
- Location where the photo or video was taken, this does not have to be specific but should include the name of the plantation and the province.
- Use the #ForestryFun.
- Tag @forestry_explained to ensure we do not overlook your entry.
At the end of the competition, twelve entrants will be selected from all the entries for the three competition categories:
- High-octane fun – mountain biking, trail running, horse riding, etc. Photographs of activities that are likely to get your heart racing and the adrenaline pumping.
- Leisurely pursuits – hiking, bird watching, meditation, picnicking etc. Activities where you are simply enjoying time spent within the forestry-landscape.
- Recreational landscape – spectacular scenic shots captured whilst enjoying recreational pursuit. These could be from lookout points along the various forestry hikes, a steep mountain bike trail winding its way down through the trees, or the nest of a raptor high in an indigenous forest found on a bird-watching walk within the forestry landscape.
Twelve entries from each category will be selected during the first week of November 2020. The twelve entries from each category will then be posted on the @forestry_explained Instagram account on separate days. Followers of @forestry_explained will be given 48 hours to select the winner, the winning entry is the one that gets the most likes.