Do you: Hurtle through the forestry landscape on your bike? Explore South Africa’s plantations in search of species? Love to hike through the plantations and open spaces? Or simply love to spend time discovering everything forestry has to offer? We want to know what #ForestryFun looks like for you!
Next time you are on your bike, exploring the plantations, or picnicking amongst the trees, take a photo or video and then upload it to Instagram, making sure you tag @forestry_explained and use the hashtag #ForestryFun. The #ForestryFun is open to anyone who uses the forestry landscape for recreational fun and feel free to submit #throwback recreation shots too!
Please ensure COVID-19 social distancing measures and hygiene, as per national law, are observed at all times.
- Follow us @forestry_explained
- Post a photo or video enjoying a recreational pursuit within the forestry landscape
- Write a caption telling about it and add the location of the activity to the post.
- Use the #ForestryFun – please consider tagging or challenging friends who also enjoy recreational pursuits.
Please note: Using the #ForestryFun and tagging @forestry_explained ensures we can find your entries come judging time – so please make sure you use them.
The #ForestryFun Instagram campaign will run from 1 July to 30 August 2020, entries will be classified into one of three categories:
- High-octane fun – activities that are likely to get your heart racing and the adrenaline pumping – mountain biking, trail running and horse riding.
- Leisurely pursuits – activities where you are simply enjoying time spent within the forestry-landscape – hiking, bird watching and meditating.
- Recreational landscape – spectacular scenic shots captured whilst enjoying recreational pursuit. These could be from lookout points along the various forestry hikes, a steep mountain bike trail winding its way down through the trees, or the nest of a raptor high in an indigenous forest found on a bird-watching walk within the forestry landscape.
Twelve entries from each category will be selected during the first week of September 2020.
The twelve entries will then be posted on the @forestry_explained Instagram account on separate days for each category. Followers of @forestry_explained will be given 48 hours to select the winner, the winning entry is the one gets the most likes.
One winning entry from each category will win a R1000 Cape Union Mart eVoucher.
Please note: this contest is NOT sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. Terms and conditions can be found on the Forestry Explained website.
Photo credit: JMMsony courtesy of Sappi