Forestry is an industry that grows-slow but moves-fast, constantly having to adapt and evolve to keep abreast of future challenges and technological advances.
When you represent over 20,000 foresters, communication is one of the challenges FSA needs to keep on top of. The digital revolution transformed the speed at which we communicate, but also increased the amount of communication material each of us has to deal with on a daily basis. As a result, important messages often get lost in the email-avalanche many of us face.
To combat this, FSA launched its free to use Telegram Broadcast Channel earlier this month. A cellular communication platform, similar to Whatsapp, the Telegram Broadcast Channel enables FSA to distribute key messages amongst its diverse member base. Being a private broadcast group rather than a group discussion forum, members will not be inundated with messages, with FSA only using the group when warranted.
Getting on board with Telegram
Simply follow the steps below:
- Open the App Store (IOS/iPhone) or the Play Store (Android) and search for Telegram.
- Once you have found the app, select “Get” (IOS/iPhone) or “Install” (Android).
- Now that it has installed, open the app and follow the prompts.
- If you have registered on the new FSA website as a member, we will have your number automatically added to our list.
- If you have not registered on the new site, please do so, but until then please send your details and a request to be added to the Forestry South Africa Channel to Judy on firstname.lastname@example.org.