Subsequent to the launch of the new FSA website, FSA has continued its efforts to improving its information dissemination to its members. To this end, FSA has launched a mobile phone communication platform using the Telegram application.
The Telegram Channel will be used solely to inform our members of “hot off the press” information through a short heading which will direct them to the new website for full details. The Channel will be a private broadcast service and not a group or a discussion forum ensuring you will not be inundated with messages and replies from us and other members.
Advantages of Telegram as an instant messaging platform:
- It is free to use; however, just like WhatsApp, will require data or an internet connection to send/receive messages.
- It is the same format as WhatsApp but allows for organisations like FSA to continue to inform their members via a broadcast message for free and with no risk to contacts’ security.
- It will not share your data with any organisations or government entities, for advertising purposes or any other reason.
To receive FSA news and information through the “Forestry South Africa” Telegram Channel, simply follow the steps below:
- Open the App Store (IOS/iPhone) or the Play Store (Android) and search for Telegram.
- Once you have found the app, select “Get” (IOS/iPhone) or “Install” (Android).
- Now that it has installed, open the app and follow the prompts.
- If you have registered on the new FSA website as a member, we will have your number automatically added to our list.
- If you have not registered on the new site, please do so, but until then please send your details and a request to be added to the Forestry South Africa Channel to Judy on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact Ronald Heath at email@example.com.